As Henry Rollins once said, “In winter, I PLOT and plan. In spring, I move.” We are so excited to plot and plan with you this winter season, as early as November 29! As most of you know we have 7 seminars scheduled through February and today, we’re releasing the agenda for our Omaha meeting, which will be held the week after Thanksgiving.
Omaha will be a bit special because it will be held at Midwest Laboratories on 13611 B Street. Midwest Labs is where we send our soil samples and attendees will have an opportunity to tour their facility. It’s quite impressive really! You will get to see their tissue, soil, and microbiology labs.
Anyway, if you can join us on the 29th, and we really hope you do, this is what you’ll be in for:
- How to Maintain a Strong Biological Component for Sustainable Crop Production – Larry Zibilske, Texas Plant and Soil Lab
- Biology is essential in sustainable crop production. We’ll discuss how soil microbes, organic matter, soil biology, along with chemical and organic fertilization practices effect crop production. We’ll also explore ways to test soil quality.
- AgriEnergy Resources Biologicals – Dean Craine, AgriEnergy Resources
- We’ll take you down the road of biological farming and how improving your soil with SP-1™, Myco Seed Treat® (Mycorrhizal Fungi) and Residuce® could potentially help benefit your bottom line!
- Midwest Labs Q&A with John Menghini PLUS a tour – John Menghini, Midwest Labs
- What goes into a soil analysis you may be wondering? Wonder no more. This tour will take you above and beyond what goes into a typical soil analysis. Learn about aflatoxin and petiole tests too!
- AgriEnergy Resources Organic Products – Eric Johnston, AgriEnergy Resources
- Learn what our organic programs entail and how we help guide customers through the transition period. We offer many programs including soil treatments, in-row and 2X2 starters, along with side dress and foliar, using both liquid and dry organic products. Our new program includes a liquid calcium treatment, which we’ll share numerous successful stories.
- Organic Insect & Disease Control Products/Programs – Mike Wyatt, AgriEnergy Resources, Nebraska
- Each year has it’s up’s and down’s. Learn to combat challenges with ease, no matter the situation. We’ll explore programs that include products to be used on field corn, popcorn, seed corn, dry beans, soybeans, green beans, garbanzo beans, wheat, spelt, barley, oats, emmer wheat, and various grasses.
- Organic Weed Control – Farmer Panel
- Hear from real-life farmers who combat obnoxious weeds like foxtail and giant ragweed by using flamers, tine weeders, cultivators, and more! These guys have some of the cleanest fields we have ever seen!
- Q&A with the Experts – Reggie Destree, Organic Consultant; Mike Wyatt, AgriEnergy Resources, Nebraska; Eric Johnston, AgriEnergy Resources
- Have questions how to improve your operation? We can help. Bring your questions on wheat and specialty grains, potatoes, corn, alfalfa, vegetables, beans, and transitional cropping.
If you want to be a part of our kick-off event from 9am-4:30pm, please reserve your spot by November 21 by calling 815-872-1190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.