I don’t know about you, but I am always on the lookout for easy, nutritious recipes, especially at harvest and planting time. Just the other night, I hit the jackpot. Chicken jalapeño popper pasta. Even my farmer loved it. Bonus for all you farm wives out there, I made this a week ahead and froze it until we needed it, AND I was able to use up some of my garden-fresh jalapeños. So easy and so delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound cellentani pasta, cooked
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup diced jalapenos
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 2.5 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9X13 baking pan with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl add cream cheese, bacon, 1 cup cheddar cheese and jalapeños. Mix well.
- Stir in cream and half and half.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Spread bread crumbs over pasta (optional).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hope you all are having safe harvest season!