Grazing systems, forage quality, and organic dairy are just a few buzz words that get us excited, along with local foods, pastured poultry, and crop rotations. If any of those describe your operation, then you’re in luck. We want to be your go-to resource, and share what we’ve learned along the way. And today, we want to share some upcoming webinars sponsored by eOrganic.
eOrganic is powered by eXtension where you can find research-based information from America’s land-grant universities. Each year they put out a webinar series based on the latest organic farming practices for FREE.
Catch the latest webinar Thursday, Grazing Systems and Forage Quality of Grasses for Organic Dairy Production, presented by Brad Heins of University of Minnesota at 1 p.m.
Webinars are scheduled through April 7 and advanced registration is required. Follow the links below for more information:
- A Novel Nutritional Approach to Rearing Organic Pasture Broiler Chickens (Part 2) – Michael Lilburn and Larry Phelan, The Ohio State University – February 16, 2016 – 1 p.m. Central Time
- Growing Vegetables and Fruit without Irrigation in Northern California and the Maritime Pacific Northwest – Amy Garrett, Oregon State University; Jacques Neukom, Neukom Farm; Steve Peters, Seed Revolution Now and Organic Seed Alliance – February 19, 2016 – 3 p.m. Central Time
- New Times: New Tools: Cultivation Resilience on Your Organic Farm – Laura Lengnick, Cultivating Resilience LLC – February 23, 2016 – 1 p.m. Central Time
- Design and Management of Organic Strawberry/Vegetable Rotations – Carol Shennon and Joji Muramoto, University of California Santa Cruz – March 2, 2016 – 1 p.m. Central Time
- Working with Local Organic Grains – Stefan Senders, Wide Awake Bakery; Peter Endriss, Runner & Stone Bakery and Restaurant; Dan Avery, Dakota Earth Bakery; Steve Gonzalez, Sfoglini Pasta Shop – March 8, 2016 – 1 p.m. Central Time
- Good Sense Food Safety Practices on Organic Vegetable Farms – Chris Blanchard, Purple Pitchfork – March 16, 2016 – 1 p.m. Central Time
- Unique Fly Control Methods for Organic Dairy Production – Roger Moon and Brad Heins, University of Minnesota – March 24, 2016 – 1 p.m. Central Time
- Impacts of the Food Safety Modernization Act on Diversified Organic Vegetable Farms – Erin Silva, University of Wisconsin – March 29, 2016 – 1 p.m. Central Time
- Evaluating Sprouted Grains on Grazing Dairy Farms – Kathy Soder, USDA ARS – April 7, 2016 – 1 p.m. Central Time
In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding soil health or forage quality give us a call!