Some of you may remember our post, “I see the light and I feel the heat!” about a month ago talking about an upcoming organic transition seminar. Well it’s almost here and the agenda has now been released.
Organized by a local organic grower, of Sterling, Illinois, this seminar will address real concerns about weed control, where to market products, crop insurance, the certification process, and seed purchasing. While our last post discussed these topics in further detail, the following is who you can expect to hear from.
If you are attending, you will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from:
- AgriEnergy Resources
- Clarkson Grain
- Cornerstone Insurance Agency
- Farmers Business Network
- Illinois Organic Growers Association
- Illinois Stewardship Alliance
- Midwestern Bio-Ag
- Midwest Farmers Coop
- MP Services
- Nature’s International Certification Services
- Oregon Tilth
- Organic Valley
- Prairie Creek Seed
- Prairie Hybrids
- Welter Seed
- World Food Processors
- Yorktown Organics
You will also have the opportunity to hear from a variety of speakers:
- Organic Certifier – Dave Engel
- Organic Soil Specialist – Bob Yanda
- Crop Insurance Agent – Greg Sandrock
- Organic Farmer’s Panel – 3-4 organic farmers with anywhere between 80 and 2,000 acres
Bring your questions and visit us at our booth Tuesday, July 14!
The seminar will be held at Deer Valley Golf and Country Club in Deer Grove, Illinois from 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.